Sunday, January 25, 2009

Q&A with Kettlebell Trainer Charlotte Ord



Charlotte has had National and International success in five different sports and her passion and commitment for fitness has lead her to becoming one of the U.K’s top KettleBell trainers.
We recently caught up with Charlotte to ask her why she loves KettleBells …..



Q -Describe your first kettlebell experience.


A – My first kettlebell experience was during my initial instuctor training and I was instantly fascinated by both the dynamic nature and total body challenge posed by the movement patterns of the foundation exercises.


Q -What is your favorite kettlebell exercise?


A - My favorite exercise is the snatch, for a number of reasons.
It challenges the entire body including the core, thereby spreading load over a number of joints as opposed to just a couple, as is the case in activities such as running, thus reducing the risk of injury. Its ability to accelerate metabolism is huge & hence a key exercise for incorporation into fat loss intervals, and it encourages coordinated movement of the body which lends itself directly to efficient power transference & is therefore an ideal exercise for athletes looking to become more efficient. I also think it is a superb exercise for women, as it activates the posterior chain muscles (back, glutes, hamstrings,) which are notoriously weak in females.


Q -Why do you Love Kettlebells ?


A - The thing I love most about kettlebell training is the fact that it allows you to combine resistance training with cardiovascular activity, thus providing a super efficient work out. I love the kettlebell's dynamic quality, and it's superior ability to improve stability, flexibility and strength in one hit. I was recently nominated as runner up for the Maximuscle Body of 2008 competition & owe my lean yet super-strong physique largely to kettlebell training.
As a coach my job is to get my trainee's results as fast as possible, and kettlebells help me do exactly that.


For information on Charlotte’s kettlebell courses, or to enquire about private kettlebell training, please visit:

http://www.charlotteord.com
or
contact Charlotte at info@charlotteord.com


I Love my KettleBell

No comments:

Post a Comment